How To Tell If Your Choices Are Good or Bad

By Valery Satterwhite

  • "The unconscious is our best collaborator."- Director Mike Nichols

Did you know that you have a personal GPS system within you? It will tell you whether or not the turn, the choice, you are about to make will lead you to your destination or not. It will tell you whether you are on the right path to achieve all that you dream of or on the road to a life unfulfilled, a dream never achieved.

This GPS system is your birthright. You experience this GPS system every day of your life yet you may not know how to use it. If your life is not going in the direction you desire, perhaps you are reading its indicators upside down. Maybe you've done a good job of ignoring or justifying the alarms it sends off. You just may not be paying any attention to the darn thing at all!

  • "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." - Henry David Thoreau

Your personal guidance system is your emotions. Emotions are indicators of whether or not you've made, or are about to make, a good choice. Your emotions are served up by your Inner Being, Higher Self or what I lovingly call the Wizard Within. Wizards are alchemists. They know, precisely, how to turn dreams into reality. Your Wizard Within is there to guide you every step, every turn, on your way to the fulfillment of all experiences you desire.

  • "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
- Erica Jong
Simply put, the Wizard Within will serve up a bad feeling if you're headed in the wrong direction. Similarly, if you're headed towards achieving your aspirations you will feel good! Your emotions artfully guide you every moment of every day. As a creator of your life experience, you are a masterful artist! The question is, what is guiding what you chose to create?

  • "Love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art." - Konstantin Stanislavsky

Use your GPS to guide you as you make all of your choices, big and small. I paid attention to my Wizard Within last Sunday. I was at Home Depot buying plants for the home I just moved into. I paid for my selections and was putting my plants in my car when an uncomfortable feeling came over me. "Gee, I bought a lot of plants for $33.89!". I 'felt' that something was wrong. I looked at my receipt and saw that I was not charged for the two rather large hanging plants that were hooked onto the back of my shopping cart.

Here I was, in the parking lot, clearly getting away with my freebies yet I didn't feel good. In that moment I had a choice. I could hop in the car and go on my merry way knowing that I cheated the system or I could march back into the store and pay for my hanging plants. Which choice would make me feel good? To the sales clerk's shock and awe, I went back into Home Depot and paid for what was overlooked. I felt good again.

Why didn't I feel good about getting away with not having to pay for my purchases? It would be one thing if I were not aware that I wasn't properly charged. However, I did know. In that knowing I could choose to be a cheat and a thief or I could choose to be an honest person. As an honest person who stands centered in the truth of who I am there could only be one choice I could make that would be in alignment with that truth. Being in harmony with your truth feels good! Inauthentic choices do not feel good.

That experience was a simple example of how your emotions are GPS indicators of what life direction you are headed towards yet you can expand upon its simplicity and use it for all of your life choices, personal and professional. Use your GPS and Happy Journeys!

  • "Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible player." - Albert Einstein


Copyright (c) 2009 Valery Satterwhite. Valery is an Artist Mindset Mentor and Coach who helps creative people get out of their own way so that they can overcome the struggles that often come with the life of a visual & performing artist. Clients learn how to express their full potential deliberately & responsibly to create more passionately, profoundly, productively and profitably. Express your full creative potential. http://www.InnerWizard.com. Free "Empower the Wizard Within tips"!
URL: http://www.upublish.info/Article/How-To-Tell-If-Your-Choices-Are-Good-or-Bad/253354.
Article Source: http://www.upublish.info.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CndBlogCatalog